HOLLAND, MICHIGAN (September 5, 2012): Code Blue Corporation today announced it has entered into partnership with Canadian-based Guardly Corp., a company that has an established mobile safety and security platform and set of mobile applications for commercial public safety uses.
The partnership will allow Code Blue, already an industry leader in manufacturing emergency communication devices and help points, to enhance the incident initiation and response solutions it currently provides to colleges, corporations and municipalities around the world. Code Blue will become the first provider of blue light emergency phones to include mobile applications into its integrated suite of products that can be used to report emergencies and engage in two-way communication with emergency response personnel.
“Mobile is becoming an increasingly important layer to a comprehensive emergency communication solution,” said David Cook, Code Blue COO. “Guardly is an exciting new player in the security arena, and we are thrilled at the possibilities that this relationship holds for both of our organizations.” According to a Ball State University study, 69% of college students currently use smartphones, and that number is projected to reach 90% by 2014.[i] As calls to campus police from smartphones escalate, Code Blue wants to provide its customers and its students with the ability to make “smarter” calls for help from those devices. Guardly’s technology will enable these key advances in mobile alerting and communication.
Guardly offers a mobile safety solution called Safe Campus™ that provides campus law enforcement and emergency response personnel with a rich management interface to monitor, manage and respond to emergencies within campus boundaries. The system provides real-time situational intelligence data such as caller location, caller identification and profile information including allergies, medical conditions, medications and a summary of previous incidents linked to an incoming caller’s profile. Safe Campus™ also gives students, staff and faculty members a mobile app to quickly alert, send vital information to and communicate with local emergency response teams in case of emergencies on campus.
“Code Blue is a natural partner for Guardly. Beyond synergies from a product strategy standpoint, there is an underlying culture among our companies to provide high quality solutions that truly help people during emergency situations,” said Josh Sookman, Guardly CEO. “This partnership with Code Blue represents a significant opportunity for Guardly to reach and accelerate distribution and sales of its solutions in the commercial sector.”
About Code Blue Corporation
Code Blue Corporation (http://www.codeblue.com) is the pioneer in developing and producing vandal-resistant Blue Light Emergency Phones installed in thousands of higher education, corporate, hospital, airport, and municipal locations worldwide. Offering American-made Help Point, Emergency Signaling, Incident Response and Systems Management solutions with full diagnostic capabilities; Code Blue keeps you safe wherever you go.
Guardly (https://www.guardly.com) is an enterprise-grade, real-time platform for emergency communication, management and response. Smartphone users that find themselves in an emergency situation can alert and communicate with local authorities, campus police as well as their own safety groups in a single tap. Guardly helps law enforcement teams and administrators make faster and more informed decisions during the development of emergency incidents. Guardly also assists university and college campuses, corporate campuses and other public safety venues in managing risk, reducing liability and developing safer communities. Guardly is based in Toronto and raised venture funding from Golden Venture Partners, Extreme Venture Partners and angel investors.
This press release was initially posted, and can be found at: http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/code-blue-corporation-expands-into-mobile-emergency-communication-through-new-partnership-1697402.htm
Code Blue Corporation
[i] Ball State University Press Release. “Smartphone use by collegians dramatically increases as mobile Internet use soars”. Feb. 22, 2012. Accessed online at: http://www.bsu.edu/news/article/0,1370,-1019-65590,00.html
- Customer Study Finds Emergency Response Times Cut in Half When Using Guardly Safe Campus™ to Report and Manage Incidents at University
- Guardly Launches Free Mobile Emergency Phone Service to Students at 67 Universities and Colleges Across Canada
- Mothers stay connected to their university-bound teens
- App helps students stay safe on campus
- Public Safety & Security Updates for 2013-01-30
- Crime in the United States: New FBI Report Released Today
- Guardly Enterprise E911 Solution Improves Active Shooter Response using Indoor Positioning Systems
- Active Shooter Incidents Drastically Increase from 2000 – 2013 Shows FBI Study
- Next-Generation Tech Helping Police Fight Crime
- Car Fire Mistaken For Active Shooter at Shopping Mall – Real-World Situational Analysis
- Guardly Adds Former Salesforce.com Executive Larry Russell to Advisory Board
- Guardly Command Goes Mobile, Adds Mass Notification Features
- Join Us @ The Inaugural NGSL Toronto & ASIS Best Practices Seminar!
- Guardly’s Mobile Safety Solutions Now Powering Retail Stores & Shopping Malls!
- Reminder: “The 7 Issues Plaguing Traditional Mass Notification (And How To Overcome Them)” Webinar is Today (Friday Feb. 21) at 1pm EST / 10am PST!
Guardly in 2 Minutes…
- Active Shooter
- Buzz & Press
- Campus Safety
- Community & Partners
- Conferences & Events
- Contests & Promotions
- Corporate Security
- Domestic Violence
- Guardly Features
- Home Safety
- Indoor Positioning
- Industry Trends
- Inside Guardly
- Mass Notification
- Mobile Safety
- Press Releases
- Public Safety
- Public Safety & Security Updates
- Real-Time News Feed
- Retail & Shopping Mall Safety
- Retail Security
- Senior Safety
- Use Cases
- Workplace Safety