I came across a particularly informative yet startling infographic about domestic violence today on Drrawnsley.com. It concisely outlines some very important statistics about domestic violence against women and hospital rates and also sheds some light on tell tale abuse victim behavior.
- 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year
- Each year domestic violence results in 100,000 days of hospitalization including 40,000 visits to the emergency room
- Only approximately one quarter of all physical assaults perpetuated against females by intimate partners are reported to the police
- On average, women experience 35 incidents of domestic violence before seeking treatment
- A women in the US is beaten by an intimate or former partner every 5 seconds
- People who are being physically abused may: (1) seem afraid or anxious to please their partner (2) check in often with their partner to report where they are and what they’re doing (3) receive frequent, harassing phone calls from their partner (4) have frequent injuries with the excuse of “accidents” (5) frequently miss work, school or social occasions without explanation (6) dress in clothing designed to hide bruises or scars
Guardly provides mobile safety solutions for reporting and managing enterprise and public safety emergencies.Our safety apps act as personal emergency phones that transmit real-time indoor/GPS location, and provides two-way communication with private security, 911 authorities and safety groups using our real-time platform for emergency incident monitoring, management, communication and response.
- Read our customer campus safety study showing how Guardly helped improve emergency response times by 44% at a school.
Curious? Ask for a 15-minute Demo!
- Daily Planet Future Tech features Guardly Indoor Positioning System
- Vendor System Integrations Accelerate in the Safety and Security Industry
- Guardly Integrates with PPM 2000 to Drive Incident Management Efficiencies
- Guardly Selects Seevid as Sales Partner to Expand Distribution in Western US
- Emergency Medical Response: Plans & Technology Save Lives
- Buzz & Press
- Campus Safety
- Community & Partners
- Conferences & Events
- Contests & Promotions
- Corporate Security
- Domestic Violence
- Guardly Features
- Home Safety
- Industry Trends
- Inside Guardly
- Press Releases
- Public Safety
- Public Safety & Security Updates
- Senior Safety
- Use Cases
- Workplace Safety